If you’ve been feeling under pressure lately, I’m hoping this short post will give you pause for thought and make you feel a little lighter today.
Here are reasons why it’s important to give Thanks:
- Giving thanks immediately makes one ‘stop and smell the roses’. While that ‘fertilizer smell’ in life may occupy your mind most of the time, putting your face close to the rose fills your heart with a perfume that lifts your spirit and renews your mind.
- Giving thanks makes us realize that much in our lives is good and that we can just as easily paint the day with the brush of optimism as pessimism. It’s a choice.
- Giving thanks reminds us that we have it better than many others and while we often whine about what’s wrong, there are many who would swop their lives for ours in a heartbeat.
- Giving thanks opens our minds and hearts to the possibilities of the future by examining the best of the past.
- Giving thanks puts us in a position to receive more of what we’re thankful for. You draw to yourself what you concentrate on most.
- Giving thanks reminds us that while we may not be able to control every aspect of our lives, there is One who has good plans for our future and knows the best path to follow.
- Giving thanks sets an example for ourselves, our families, our friends and our colleagues and it brightens everyone’s day.
I could go on and on… but – you get the idea 🙂
I am thankful that while there is life there is hope and that today is a day that we can be thankful that we ARE alive.