Setting up an automated feed from your blog to your Facebook Fan page is quite simple – once you know how.
If you’ve been searching your Facebook Fan page for a link, let me warn you, it’s not that obvious. It took me quite a while to find out how to do this with my FaceBook fan page.
The link is on the ‘Notes’ application page. It’s quite strange that FaceBook makes it so obscure seeing as this is one of the most popular social media platforms. Perhaps it’s because it’s only now evolving from a personal to a business application.
I hope that this step-by-step instruction check list will help save you time and frustration.
Here’s how to quickly access it and set up your automated feed:
1. Open your Facebook Fan page
2. When you’re on the correct page, you will see your Fan page name at the top with the links ‘Create page / View Page / Delete Page’ directly underneath the name.
3. Underneath this you will see the links to change the various settings: Settings, Wall Settings, Mobile and underneath this you will see ‘Applications’ under which appear links to all the various applications.
4. In the list of applications, you will see ‘Notes’ – click the ‘Edit’ option for the Note link
5. On the right hand side of the page that appears, you will see ‘Notes settings’
6. Under this heading there will be a link to import an external blog, click on this link
7. Follow the instructions and put in your blog’s RSS feed url
This should then automatically import the most recent posts from your blog into your FaceBook Fan Page and each time you create a new post on your blog it should feed to the FaceBook fan page within an hour or so. I have discovered that at times this simply stop working for some unknown reason. If this happens, I simply go into my Facebook Fan Page and re-import the blog.
If you need help with this, I’m happy to assist. Comment below with your questions and I will be happy to help.